Saturday, 25 October 2008

Mickey x 2

Going through my files at home I found these.

Two Mickey drawings I did back in 1998 when I was serious about becoming a Disney artist. Halfway through inking one of the pieces I got a freelance job for Bamse. And the stuff I had made with Mickey was put in an envelope and shelved away. Somewhere in my apartment there should be some try-out pages with Mickey, the Phantom Blot and Eega Beeva etc. If I can find them maybe, just maybe, they will turn up here...


HenriekeG said...

That would be very nice to see! It would also be nice to see how you'd draw Mickey now- ten years later.
If I may ask, when did you first start as a professional artist?

Håkan / Wakuran said...

Is that a mousetrap in the first image?

Joakim Gunnarsson said...

Henrieke: Doing a Mickey today? Well it would probably look terrible. :) I started doing professional work when I was around 24-25. It didn't look very professional, but at least it was published and I made money out of it. So, let's pretend I was professional then. :)
I didn't really start to draw seriously until the mid 90's, so I still have a lot of catching up to do.
BTW: I like like wolves on your blog. Looks like a mix between Buettner and Matena.

Håkan: Yes, it's a mouse trap. Clever of me, eh? :)

HenriekeG said...

Thanks for the reply! I must say I enjoy reading your blog a lot.
It's good to hear you think the wolves look like that, since those are exactly my two favorite wolf artists. This was my very first try at them, so I still have to figure out a little how to draw them.