Tuesday 5 June 2007

Murry in Hollywood Pt. II

Here are the rest of the Hollywood gags, as promised last week. Not on a Monday, but still. Here they are:




(Just noticed that the above panel was also used in Smiles #25 and already posted on the blog... But since it was used twice I'll keep it in this post also.)

BTW: Have got zero feedback on these Murry posts. Anyone interested in seeing more?

And for those of you worried about my health, I feel much much better now. Neck pains almost entirely gone.
Life feels good again. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm interested! Please, keep them coming, thanks!

-= Steamboat Willie =- said...

Posner Murry?

Anonymous said...

"Posner" stands for George Posner, who probably wrote the gags. Some cartoons are also signed "Pablo". Why, I don't know.

/Joakim.

Anonymous said...

George A. Posner wrote several "joke" books and apparently collected jokes. His collaboration with Murry only seems to have lasted a few years in the late 40s, but he also collaborated with several other artists. Murry's own signature, or simply "P Murry" was almost only used for hillbilly cartoons, not the girlie artwork. See my article in Hogan's Alley #12 for further details.
/Germund

Fernando Ventura said...

I saw a few "Posner Murry" cartoons on the brazilian magazine "Seleções Humorísticas".