Sunday 9 September 2007

the Duckburg strip

Did you know that there's still a Donald Duck newspaper strip produced?
I thought it was long gone but apparently it's still produced in Italy and available in at least Europe, since I found here it in a small local paper. Anyone who has seen it in a US paper? It's actually called Duckburg (Ankeborg) so I guess it also features the rest of the Disney cast. (This is the only example I've seen.)


Update Sept. 11:
According to Bulls Press they get the material for the dailies straight from Disney in Italy, where it's called Topolino.
Someone in Italy who wants to pick up this lead to see if we can find out more?

6 comments:

Allan Holtz said...

Walt's duck and mouse strips are still available to US newspapers though they appear in few these days.

Francesco said...

Gulp! We have no strips in Italy! the art (and surely the script too) is by Italian writer/artist Enrico Faccini, but... I don't know where it might come from. Maybe it's a one-pager stripped down to a strip!

Francesco said...

I was right, a friend of mine checked and it really is a stripped down one-pager. This one: http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=I+TL+2511-03

It'd be interesting to understand whether they do this every day or just once in a while!

Joakim Gunnarsson said...

It appeared on the regular comics page in "Skånska dagbladet" so I believe that it appears every day.
I have some contacts over at Bulls (who distributes it) so If I remember I'll give them a call tomorrow to solve this "mystery".

Francesco said...

Any news? :-)

Anonymous said...

According to Bulls Press they get the material for the dailies straight from Disney in Italy, where it's called Topolino.
Someone in Italy who wants to pick up this lead to see if we can find out more?