Thursday 24 May 2007

Hey look!

While browsing eBay I've come across some really wonderful pieces. Not because they are beautiful but because they make me laugh hard. One seller is a particular favorite: rvm1952. He always has loads of original drawings. And they sell!
For hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Most examples here has been sold or are up for sale now. The one with Snoopy as the red baron went for over $800!
At the same time as it's funny it's extremely sad. I guess that all of you who are visiting this blog understands why. If not: Don't get into the hobby of collecting original art...

Please enjoy:












Ahh, amusing, eh?

5 comments:

-= Steamboat Willie =- said...

The second Snoopy could be a genuine very late Schulz, but propably not. I am no expert, but even I can see that everyone except the second Snoopy are really bad fakes, and I would never buy anyone of them myself.

Joakim Gunnarsson said...

Yes, that one is actually a really good fake.
If he had only that one for sale I would have thought it was genuine. But with all of the other pieces... weeeell...

Allan Holtz said...

Thank goodness he makes the mistake of using a crayon to color them. While most are laughably bad, a few could actually pass as quickie sketches if it weren't for the crayon color.

Best, Allan Holtz

Anonymous said...

So, those aren't real? Maybe I should have an expert check the "Calvin and Hobbes" originals drawn by George Herriman I bought recently. Maybe those are fakes too? Now you made me worried.

Francoisw said...

Poor people who buy that...