Tuesday 2 October 2007

Beetle Bailey - complete

Back from the bookfair, with a cold. At least that's what it feels like in my throath. In a few days I'll be sneezing over my artwork instead of inking it. Katchoooo...
[Edit: Artwork and text removed.]

BEETLE BAILEY - Complete!
Before I log out for today I should mention that I went to a presentation on the bookfair for the complete Beetle Bailey book series! It will cover all the strips and sundays from 1950 and onwards. Large hardcovers with top reproduction and loads of bonus material. I've seen the first three volumes and they look just wonderful!
Editor Alf Thorsjö presented the project and showed a documentary filmed in Mort Walkers studio. Interesting stuff. Lots of old original art on his walls. :) This documentary will be released with the fourth book as a free DVD if you join the book club. Unfortunately I havn't found any proper presentation of the book series on the web yet. But here's a pic of the first book.

3 comments:

Steven Rowe said...

Vernon "George" Stallings used to confuse me too. Was he George or Vernon? and the answer was he was both. And for what it's worth: His father was a baseball star. He entered animation in 1916 (per my notes). He was the number two man at Bray from c1919-1924. Considering his life, it's interesting that he lived to the 1960s....

Ger Apeldoorn said...

I understand they are going to be done in English as well? Where do I sign up?!

Anonymous said...

The american deal has yet to be finished, as far as I know. I guess they will appear in Previews when it's all worked out.