Sunday 7 June 2009

This and that

It's sunday and a "do this and that" day.
Yesterday and today I've been trying to organize my collection of reference copies I've got over the years from working for BAMSE. Damn, I've filled a whole closet with extra copies and other stuff. All my correspondence and all the roughs and pencils I've made over the years fill boxes and more boxes. Letters from freelancers and payment records. Plus rare giveaways and promotional stuff we've produced over the years. Phew. Guess I'll donate it to the Swedish Comic Archive sooner or later. This is more than my apartment can handle...

I'm also mailing invoices for my own company "Illustration & Sekvenskonst" and that's always fun. Now I can just wait for the money to go "ka-ching" in to my bank account. :)

But right now I should finish inking an E&S page. Not much left.
Here's the page in it's current state. The finished version will appear in the Julia magazine #16/09 in early August. Click to enlarge.


PS. Just checked Google Analytics and guess what? THIS post made in December 2007 is still the most viewed month after month... Guess I should have more nudity and XXX rated stuff here, eh? ;)

3 comments:

Smurfswacker said...

This is looking really nice, but I gotta ask...why only ONE EYE inked in the next-to-last panel?

Håkan / Wakuran said...

From what I heard, Joakim did his inking rather randomly not too get bored in the process. Artists work differently. =S

Joakim Gunnarsson said...

Yes, I ink random places on the page to not be bored. :)
And in the case with the eye:
I always ink small details when I have emptied the brush a little.
So I probably made a few bold strokes somewhere else on the page first and then the eye. After that eye was done I had to refill the brush and start with some other bold lines. If I had tried to do the eye with a brush full of ink the lines would probably have been too thick.