Thursday 1 April 2010

An original Goliat daily!

What a surprise gift that waited for me when I came back from my vacation.
An original Goliat daily by Kenneth & Kerstin Hamberg!

Thanks, Kenneth & Kerstin!

For those of you that lives outside Sweden: Goliat was created in the mid 70's and became a hit in the early 80's when animated shorts were shown on television. A comic book was published up until the early 90's and the daily strip also ran for many years.
Here's an episode of the animated series, taken from Youtube. (Just dig that groovy intro music.)


And don't miss the special all-Hamberg, 100 page issue of Bamses äventyr, just released here in Sweden. As you might know I'm the editor of that title so I made sure to include a four page interview with some rare artwork. It was a fun issue to compile. :)

7 comments:

Håkan / Wakuran said...

Damn. Goliat dailes. I didn't know they existed. =)

Håkan / Wakuran said...

On a side note, I'd like to see the second intro with the song in English:

A real cool cat
*something* like that
Tah-Tah
Goliat

Håkan / Wakuran said...

Whoo-hooh, I found the second intro:

"The real cool cat
Don't find his hat"

or something, I'm not sure if English as a first language would help understanding...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNMaUfxoYkc

Jimmy Wallin said...

That´s a cool gift for sure.

Håkan / Wakuran said...

Hey, I assumed this was an April Fools' joke...

Joakim said...

Nope, no April fools joke this year. The strip is for real!

Håkan / Wakuran said...

So, where were the Goliat dailes published?