Thursday 5 July 2007

More Patterson

Still in Russell Patterson mode.
I hope you enjoy his stuff as much as I do.

Following are some scans from an original Ballyhoo cover. Simply beautiful...





A sample of his rare "Runaway Ruth". Wish I could find more.


And to end this post, an example of the kind of work Patterson did later in his life. It wasn't all glamour girls you know...


Today the rain is continuing to pour down. The whole town is soaked with water. And they say it will go on for several more days. Soon we'll be swimming in the streets here...
Myself I'm doing some work in the studio. Trying to figure out a simpler drawing style for "Emma & Sara" and roughing a new page.
The menue for tonight is fish sticks and mashed potatoes. :) Done properly it's a delicious dish! True!
And!!! The Art of Ratatouille book is out now! Dont miss it! Seems to be loaded with great art. I've ordered it and can't wait to get it!

2 comments:

gabriel valles said...

Hi Joakim,

I just discovered your blog today. I should have been working but spent a lot of time looking at you posts.Great stuff I look forward to more of your posts. By the way I have a few Runaway Ruth Strips and several other Patterson strips. I'll scan them when I get some free time. Take care! Gabriel

Joakim Gunnarsson said...

Welcome to the blog, Gabriel!
Looking forward to see those early Patterson strips!